Pores play an important role in our body as this is where we secrete our oils and from which our hair grows out of. Unfortunately, when pores become enlarged several problems can occur. Continue reading to find out what causes enlarged pores and how to reduce pore size.
What causes enlarged pores?
Enlarged pores can be due to a number of reasons such as:
- Oily skin. Oils can build up and make the pores bigger. Our skin type and genetics play a huge role to the formation of our pores.
- Ignoring skin care. If one does not remove makeup or cleans his or her face daily, the pores will get clogged. When this happens, dirt can stick and cause build up too which makes the pores enlarge. It is recommended to wash your face at least twice a day.
- Puberty. At puberty stage, hormones fluctuate and more oils are made. This is the reason why many teenagers struggle with acne during their puberty stage.
- Blackheads. Blackheads are caused by oils that have not been released from the skin. Oxidation causes the area to turn black.
What can I do to reduce pore size?
Reducing pore sizes can be done in several ways. Take note that while these tips will help in reducing pore sizes, it will not be able to do so permanently. These treatments and steps may need to be reapplied every so often or as directed.
- Facial skin care. This is one of the most basic steps in how to reduce pore size. Before going to bed or when needed, it is important to wash off and remove any dirt or makeup on the face or body. It is especially important to do this in the evening before going t sleep because that is the time that your skin rejuvenates itself.
- Exfoliate. After washing your face, it is important to exfoliate to reduce pore size. This step will take care of any extra dirt that is stuck on the face.
- Vitamin A. To reduce pore size, taking in Vitamin A can help remove any blockage in the pores. For example, this will be effective in taking out blackheads. It is also known to help create healthy cells.
- Don’t use skin care products with alcohol. In how to reduce pore size, toners and other astringents are commonly advertised. However, according to Janet Filderman, who is a specialist of the skin, these works on a short time basis but will not be a solution long term. This is happens because the astringents cause the glands to make more oil which as stated above causes bigger pores.
- Do not use make up as often. If there is no need to wear makeup, it is best to go without it. Reducing pore sizes this way happens because makeup, such as foundation, can clog pores and causes more build up. If you do need to wear makeup, see to it that your face is washed when you get home.
- Procedures at the office. There are several ways on how to reduce pore size whether it is at the dermatologist’s office, skin care clinic, or spa. One of the ways on how to reduce pore size is to undergo microdermabrasion. In this procedure, the clogged pores are removed of dead skin cells. While this happens, the skin is being refreshed.
7. Pore minimizers
Those are products which are spceially developed to deal with the root problem behind having large pores – excess sebum production. After sebum release is controlled, those products will also shirnk them. Of course, not all brand are equally effective, that’s is the reason why we have reviewed dozens of them and can suggest the most effective ones:
Revitol Pore Minimizer
We have reviewed numerous products and currently Revitol Pore Minimizer has proven to be the most effective. Revitol has developed and patented DMAE compound which is able to absorb excess sebum a lot faster than other pore minimizing products. Because it contain natural engredients, there is very low risk of facing any side effects.